"This simple and fresh meal can be whipped up in no time at all. Play around with it, try different kinds of rice from brown long grain to wild – have fun."
150g rice (risotto or otherwise if you use other rice, you may need to vary the liquid)
1.2 liters of vegetable stock
3 cups of peas
1 25g basil
1 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar
1 stick celery
2 white onions
2 cloves garlic
Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
- Finely dice the onions and celery. Crush the garlic and pop in pan with butter.
- Boil the kettle and make the stock while you add the onions to the garlic and fry for a minute or two. Add the celery.
- As the celery softens, throw in the rice and fry for a minute
- Slowly start to add in the stock, a little at a time. Keep adding and stirring. Taste and season occasionally as you continue to add in the stock, ensuring the rice does not go mushy and it is well seasoned to your taste.
- In the meantime, pop 2 cups of peas (cooked), the juice of 1 lemon and the basil into a blender. Add water as needed to make a pea puree.
- As you finish adding in the stock to the rice, pop in the last cup of peas and the puree. Stir together and add the chilli flakes. Heat everything through.
- Serve for a delicious and simple dinner for all the family. Enjoy xx