Meat Free Monday
Ribolitta Tuscan Bean Soup
Here at Studio One we are all about balance and making healthier life style choices. As part of this we have developed The Studio One Method which introduces the concept of mindfulness to the way we eat and workout. By making just one small change a month will help you maintain a healthier life style in the longer term. So why not start today and introduce a Meat Free Monday into your week?!
Ribolitta is a great Vegetarian option full of antioxidants, fibre and bean-y goodness! It can easily be prepared at the weekend and stored in the freezer for when you need a speedy Monday night supper. It’s a great cold zapper and post workout fuel as well- so enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 potatoe, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 savoy cabbage, cut into ribbons
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- Handful of fresh herbs- basil and parsley work well.
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
1. This one is easy peasy! Fry all of the ingredients except the stock in 2 spoons of olive or coconut oil for 10 minutes of a low heat. The smell should be amazing!
2. Add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Add a sprinkling of fresh herbs and you are ready to enjoy!